A prime application for ECVT imaging is in verification of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) codes. ECVT has also been used to develop models from 3D real-time images of flows. As example of such applications include the recent development of a model for estimating penetration length and size of a side jet into a gas-solid fluidized bed. The model can also be coupled with CFD codes used to model the same phenomena.
- Electrical Capacitance Volume Tomography Imaging of Three-Dimensional Flow Structures and Solids Concentration Distributions in a Riser and a Bend of a Gas–Solid Circulating Fluidized Bed
- Bubbling Fluidized Bed Characterization using Electrical Capacitance Volume Tomography (ECVT)
- Department of Energy (DOE) Press Release of Tech4Imaging Technology
- Tech4Imaging’s Presentation at The Crosscutting Research Kickoff and Review Meeting held on 3/12/2012 at National Energy Technology Laboratory in W. Virginia, USA
- Reconstructed image using an ECVT sensor by NETL